Oatmeal is just the best breakfast, it is easy to make, it’s delicious, it will keep you full for a few hours and you can make so many different flavours.
On School days or actually on most days I have oatmeal for breakfast and it never gets boring.
My basic oatmeal recipe:
- 100 g oats
- 200 ml plant milk (oat- , rice- , almond milk)
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbsp sweetner (agave- , maple syrup, …)
It is so easy, just put all the ingredients in a pan and cook it until it has the consistency you want and keep stiring while it is cooking.
Then you can be creative.
You can also add cinnamon, vanilla, cacao powder, matcha, tumeric powder, … to the oats so you get different flavours.
When the oatmeal is ready you can top it with whatever you want or what you have at home. I will give you a few examples:
- fruit (like apples, banana, berries, mango,…)
- nut butter (cashew- , peanut- , almond- , hazelnut butter, …)
- coconut chips, nuts, cacao nips
- banana icecream is also really nice on oatmeal
- coconut or soy yogurt
- chia pudding
- maple or date syrup
- and so on …
Be creative and create your own creationes! 🙂
I hope I could inspire you to try out new oatmeal creations – there are endless.
Have an amazing day!